Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The rest of the story...

So, if any of you have me on your facebook, you already heard part of this story. It started last night whenColby and the boys got the Christmas tree ready to bring into the house. I was shopping at Michael's (by myself) and loving every minute of it. When I got home, Hayden reported that they had found 2 dead mice in the garage. I began to question Colby about it. He then went on to tell me that they had actually found 3. I was so grateful that they were caught in our garage and not in our house. Well, later that night I reported that we had had problems with mice in our garage, but not in our house. I knew right then that I had just stuck my foot in my mouth. I always curse myself. So, this morning when I went downstairs to fix breakfast for Colby and I, I made sure to turn on the lights before I stepped on the floor. (I just had this feeling) Anyway, I saw nothing. As I was cooking at the stove I kept hearing this scratching noise behind it. I kept telling myself that it was just Colby upstairs that I could hear. Colby left for work and I thought nothing of it again. 2 hours later while I was getting ready to start doing the dishes while the boys ate their breakfast, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a furry thing run out from under the door of the pantry. I looked again and there it was - a mouse. I started screaming and jumped up on the cupboard and pulled my legs up under me. It ran into the living room and I thought - "what do I do"?!? I grabbed the phone and called Colby (it just happened to be within arms reach). I knew he would save me. As I was talking on the phone, it ran back into the pantry. I was screaming on the phone, and Colby was laughing at me and telling me to give the boys some hammers and let them get rid of it. I told him that he had to come and take care of it or I would be there in the same spot when he came home for lunch. The whole time the mouse is running around the kitchen because I keep screaming. Finally it ran behind the stove and did not come out. Colby made it home in record time (about 12 minutes). Although he has yet to catch our furry friend, he saved my day. We found a small space behind our stove that goes out into the garage. Colby set 3 different traps and put a dryer sheet up against the crack. We have not seen the mouse since. He had better stay out if he knows what is best for him. I am so grateful for my Knight-in-shining-armor. He knows his wife too well to not come to her rescue when she is a damsel in distress.

5 comments:

Nikkala said...

How come males aren't afraid of mice?

My whole family is well aware of my fear. My knight in shining armor skipped town. The nerve. So Bentley has been the trap checker. Every morning he makes the rounds. I don't know what either of us would do if we caught one!

Tricia said...

Wow Mel that is quite a story. I can just picture it. The boys were probably just laughing at you. I'm glad that Colby came home and save you.

Dallas and Shelby Scoffield said...

I am equally afraid of mice. I have a similar story on my blog :). Spiders- I can do- Mice- FREAK me out.

Unknown said...

Ooooh Mice AHHHH! Good luck getting rid of the little thing!

Dallas and Shelby Scoffield said...

By the way- I need your mailing address! Can you email it to me at weaz_23@yahoo.com?

Thanks!